Cleaning your dryer vent is an absolute must every year. It sounds silly to do but the lint is the most dangerous and flammable item in your house.
Dryer lint caused 16,800 fires last year. It is important that you have a professional dryer vent cleaning expert do it the right way.
Residential dryer fires happen more often than you think
There are many other fire hazards to consider throughout your home. One fire hazard that is often overlooked is dryer fires. In Canada we rely on these helpful appliances to get us through a long winter that usually doesn’t allow for hanging clothes outside never mind the busy lifestyle that prohibits the time required to hang and bring in clothes.
A quick bit of research left me with some startling statistics. There are about 16,800 clothes-dryer fires in residential buildings annually in the United States, according to the U.S. Fire Administration. These preventable fires caused 15 deaths, 300 injuries and about $88 million US in property damage. There are no comparable statistics available for Canada.
- Keep your clothes dryer free of lint.
- Inspect your outside dryer vent twice a year.
- Use the right type of ducting material.
- Take special care drying clothes stained with volatile chemicals such as gasoline, cooking oils, cleaning agents, or finishing oils and stains.
- Buy dryers that use moisture sensors rather than ordinary thermostats to end the auto-dry cycle.
- Occasionally wipe the sensor with a soft cloth or cotton ball and rubbing alcohol to keep it functioning accurately.
- Keep the areas surrounding your dryer clutter-free.
Clean your dryer vents by professional and experience technicians because there is a wrong way and a right way.
DON’T LET YOUR DRYER START A FIRE!
Our qualified dryer vent and duct cleaning technicians are experts at cleaning your dryer vents. From single family houses to multi-unit and commercial dryer vent cleaning.
Call 1-800-985-1246 or book online and we’ll clean your dryer vents the RIGHT way.
5 STAR RATED WE PROMISE